I have noticed the following:
- I can focus and maintain focus.
- I have more energy
- I sleep better (except for when I have a hot flash)
- I am not depressed and am off the anti-depressants and do not miss them at all.
- I am optimistic about life
- I am using my reading glasses less
- I do not have nearly as much gas and no bloating at all
- I have regular bowel movements and no hemorrhoids
- While I am experiencing a full range of emotions, I do not get freaked out or upset about things that used to upset me and piss me off and left me feeling resentful and angry.
- Most of my joint pain is gone (my right thumb still throbs from time to time, but I probably abuse it)
- I continue to lose weight (albeit more slowly than at first... now about 1/2 pound a week)
- I am not hungry all the time and sometimes don't even notice when it's meal time until someone points it out or I do get hungry a couple of hours later.
- I'm eating less at most meals.
- I have had no cravings for chocolate, sugar, bread, cookies, donuts, cake or any of the other junk I used to crave daily and often indulged.
- I do crave cod liver oil from time to time.
Finding a source for pasture fed milk has been unsuccessful. I have a source for locally raised raw milk, but it's not organic. I'm not sure if I'm better off with the non-organic but raw or if I would be better off with the Ultra-pasteurized, homogenized stuff from the store even it it is organic. In the spring I will have a source for raw, organic goat milk but will have to make do until then.
As with the milk, finding organic butter is a problem. I can't find cream at all other than the little bit on top of the milk after it sits for a few days.
Ken does not like most of the fermented foods. He will eat the purple cabbage ferment and the beets. I'm hoping as the other foods age a bit, they will mellow and he will be more content to eat them. I like the stuff, myself.