Thursday, December 25, 2008

Lace Success!

I've attempted to knit lace before with rather sad results.

My main problem was following where I was on the charts (or directions) and then figuring out where I was in the actual project in relation to those charts/directions.

But I've had a breakthrough!

I took this pattern and used just the first chart with no repeats (keeping it simple) and used 1/2 of a skein of JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18 (which was left over from the shawl that I'm weaving for Carla).

Anyway, I ended up with this:



Yes, I'm happy with the results.

And because Michelle, my step daughter, was kind enough to ooooh over it at Thanksgiving when I was just a few inches into it, she will be gifted with it tomorrow on Boxing Day.

Next I'm going to use my handspun Shetland lace weight yarn and make this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOOO, i am jelous! I want to learn how to knit and crochet but i don't think i will have the time until my kids are older, which means i will be too.
I need to make it back to a meeting. 2nd Suday of the month right?

This i K cockrell, could not remember my google info!