Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Green Sweater Started... Again

I have been very negligent about blogging about my knitting lately. Been a little distracted...

But I ripped out the three inches of the beginning of the bottom of a large green, comfy pull-over sweater. I rewound the yarn in to balls... decided not to reskein and rewash and dry and rewind again... just balled it up.

This time I'm using a formula pattern that I found on the internet about a year ago. This one is knitted Zimmerman-esc by figuring out your gauge, taking your measurements and knitting to fit... from the top down.

The neck is done.

I'm moving into the yoke.

I'm excited.

This is actually going to work.

And I will work on it... and finish the purple socks and make a good dent into the shawl while I'm recovering from my surgery. I might even get some work done on the cotton shawl.

The surgery date is set. November 13th.

Got the "BOWEL PREP" stuff today at the pharmacy... egad, that's going to be a day of knitting while sitting on the throne on Monday... limited to clear liquid diet after breakfast on Monday until the surgery on Tuesday afternoon.

Then surgery on Tuesday... I will knit in the car on the way down to try and keep my nerves calm. I will knit while waiting... then knitting and all will go with Ken and I will get all my innards rearranged.

Not sure how long I will be in the hospital because they are going to attempt this thing laproscopically. If that works, I will go home in about 23 hours. If they can't do it that way, I will go home in about 3 days. If they can do it laproscopically, then I might actually be able to return to work in 2 or 3 weeks. If they have to do regular open incision surgery, then it will be 6 to 8 weeks.

While they might retest the tissues after removal for cancer, I'm not going to worry about it as much as it will be outside of my body and not as much of a threat...

I will be very happy to not have a "beer gut" anymore. (I'm secretly hoping the doctor will go ahead and figure out a way to give me a tummy tuck, while I'm asleep, so I don't have all this extra loose skin... I will be losing 10 to 15 pounds of uterus and tumors... it will be like having a baby!). My guts will go back where they belong and I will probably have fewer digestion problems, fewer incontinence problems and hopefully, my love life will improve.

Big worry today is getting through the last two days at work and getting as much set up as I can before I leave. I have to assume the worst (and 8-week hiatus) so I have to have two months worth of stuff set up and scheduled before I leave the office at 5 p.m. on Friday.

1 comment:

Elysbeth said...

Good thoughts for you. Please remember to wiggle your feet lots while in bed, it will keep away the dreaded blood clot in the legs.