I learned several things from this first go round:
- Some folks say you don't need to wash alpaca first. If you plan to put it through your drum carder, you do need to wash it first. I am looking a big cleaning job to get all the dirt out of my poor carder.
- Alpaca is really nice stuff to spin.
- VM missed in the prep work, really slows down the spinning. Better to get as much out as possible before you sit down at the wheel.
- If I slow down my treadling, I get softer yarn (ah ha!)
- Plying really does hide many issues.
- Second cuts suck and should be removed prior to spinning or they make nubs.