Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Knitting Stress

Yeah, I know that's a conflict of terms. But I have found there are some things about knitting that really stress me out despite the long periods of calm it provides me.

  1. Deciding on a project. I can spend HOURS trying to figure out what I want to knit next.And those are hours I probably could have and should have been knitting on one of the objects from #2.
  2. Guilt over unfinished objects. Well, I get bored sometimes and the next one is calling me (see #1). But why I have to have 10 or so projects running at the same time, none of which are knitting themselves and so it takes me forever to complete anything (see #4).
  3. Guilt over stash. When I break down and buy when I honestly don't need. It's especially bad when it comes out of the grocery budget.
  4. Gifts not completed. At least not completed in a timely fashion. I think friends and family are getting used to this, but I'm trying not to promise anything until it's completed.
  5. Lace. I love it and hate it at the same time... I think I've frogged far more than I've completed and I know practice makes perfect, but sometimes I have to finish things that are not quite right (or even close to right).
  6. Casting on. Why can't we knit without this step? I don't know why I hate casting on... but I do.
  7. Times when I cannot knit and I'm stressed and want to knit...
It's crazy talk!

No comments: