Sunday, June 28, 2009

Progress on sheep training

Tom will actually come when I call him (most of the time) and always when I shake the tin with the cookies in it. Here he is with his head almost in my lap. You can see the burrs on his cheeks and head. I pick a few every time I go in with them.

I have discovered he loves to have his chest scratched and almost swoons when I hit the right spot. Little by little, I'm getting the burry things out of his fleece.

Jerry remains a bit standoffish but he is coming in closer and closer for a cookie or two and when his guard is down, he has let me scratch him a bit under the jaw once or twice. He has also butted my hand a couple of times. I can see he is quite a character.

Here is Jerry pretending like he doesn't want another cookie.
And Jerry trying to avoid the camera. Don't you love his brown legs?





Here he is hiding behind Tom.

No comments: