Saturday, November 29, 2008

Matthews Tour

Instead of spending my money at the local Wal-Mart or traveling further afield to Fredericksburg or Richmond for Black Friday, I took a tour of studios in Matthews County. It was the Made In Matthews Open Studio Tour 2008. I don't think we got to all of them, but those we visited sure were interesting!

And I spent a little money.

Bonnie, Debra and Debra's step-daughter went along for the trip and we had a wonderful day out. The weather was perfect and the company was even better.

I took my camera along but was very bad about taking pictures until we got to Bentwaters Farm. What wonderful animals! And their weaving, knitting and handspun yarn was just to die for!. I bought out all the roving braids she had hanging out. None of it was from her animals, unfortunately, but now that I know where they are and have a way to get in touch... well, perhaps in the Spring we can go back. She told me they have primarily Finn sheep, a handful of Jacobs and one Shetland ram.


I think this is my favorite picture. Debra's step-daughter being nuzzled by the llama.

This one is funny too, because it seemed as I turned away from snapping photos, the llama looked around and could almost be heard to say: "Hey! I'm not done posing yet. Come back!"

1 comment:

Cat said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Please let us know in advance about this next year - I would love to go.