- Save up the money to purchase a floor loom.
- Buy a floor loom. (I'm looking seriously at a Harrisonville 4 harness but haven't decided yet).
- Knit completely a sweater for myself
- Prep all raw fleeces currently in my stash (this includes washing, picking and carding or flicking)
- Each month throw or give away at least a laundry basket full of stuff I don't use anymore
- Declutter/Straighten and dust at least one location of the house a week even if it's just a drawer.
- Complete two pairs of socks (one of one pair is finished)
- Complete at least five holiday gifts by making them by hand (One scarf is already finished) and complete all of them by November.
- Spin enough fiber to knit a sweater (that would be about 3 pounds of one kind of fiber)
- Make Ken a knitted hat
- Update the Hoot Web Page by the end of February
- Take more and better pictures of my knitting and other fiber projects
- Post to this blog more often and with more pictures (see #12)
- Learn to spin cotton on the wheel
- Learn to spin flax on the wheel
- Spin more silk or silk blends
- Make some "art yarn"
- Get the wing back chair in the music room re-upholstered
- Work in the garden at least twice weekly starting in March
- Vacuum the whole downstairs weekly
- Continue on Weight Watchers and remain positive even when there is no loss for a week
- Pick up the Mandolin again
- Take the dogs to a groomer in the Spring
- Go to local craft shows and support the Farmer's Market more
- Visit Stratford Hall and George Washington's Birthplace
- Walk at least 1/2 mile at least 3 days a week starting in April
Saturday, February 02, 2008
I was impressed by the list of goals for 2008 posted by Fleece Street and have decided to make up a list of my own. Some of these goals will be easier to do than others: