Friday, December 15, 2006

Soldier comes home

John is supposed to be coming home from the Army on Tuesday for furlough. His bus getting into the city bus station at 9 p.m. on Tuesday.

I'm so excited!

And of course, I'm at the Academy that week.

In some ways this is a good thing because I will already be in the city (or near it) and can bring him home without too much difficulty. But I have to report back at the Academy on Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. which means I have to leave the house no later than 5:30 a.m. And that means I have to get up by 4:00 a.m. Yuck.

And to me the worst thing is that I won't be home again until Thursday evening. In some ways this may be good because he can kind of get re-acclimated without his mother up his butt; on the other hand, I won't be there for the first two days he is home to make him home cooked food, pick his brain for information and generally drive him nuts.

I have decided that one thing I really want is a picture of all three of my boys together. I'm really hoping Wes makes it down and I can get the three of them to stand still together so I can get a group photo.

If I have one regret from the time when my boys were little is that I was too poor to have baby photos made of them. I didn't get a digital camera until Ken and I got together and I couldn't afford to buy film and have it developed very often. As a result there are very few photos of the boys when they were little.

So I'm hoping Wes and his future bride manage to get down to visit for the holidays but he is being a bit evasive on this issue right now.

John has to leave again, unfortunately, to return to the base for more training. He has to be back by January 2nd.

No comments: