Sunday, December 03, 2006

Mead pictures

It's funny how many comments I've gotten on the mead making.

Anyway, here is a picture of the meads currently in progress. I still haven't set up the one gallon methoglins (herbed meads). And Ken has yet to put together his prickly pear mead.

Here is a picture of a carboy in a sweater from a year ago. Worked great as a cozy until the sweater donor wanted his sweater back. I keep thinking I should knit a carboy cover or felt one. Meads do best when kept in the dark. But you want them out where you can check on them regularly and make sure they are still bubbling away when fermenting.

One of those projects for when I have absolutely nothing better to do with my time. ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Old sheep fleece works well too. I have a clean one, that was too coarse for garments. I carded into batts and used the batts to lag the cider fermenter!

What a misery, fancy wanting the sweater back!

Judy