Sunday, August 13, 2006

And yet another started

The red Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn I bought up in Franklin, PA when I went up this spring to get my tattoo fixed finally hollared loud enough from the yarn bin that I had to pick it up and start a pair of socks.

I think they are socks. They might want to be mittens. I'm going to do a cuff (K2,P2) for a bit and see what happens.

In any case, I really like this color. It's a lovely cranberry. My winter coat is black. I have mittens on my list of things to do. But I don't know if they will be warm enough for me.

I bought a heavier weight Alpaca blend yarn in plum while I was in California. But I'm thinking it will be too thick. I'm not actually going to be in Minnesota this winter (at least I don't think so). Perhaps a hat in the plum would be better. Or a nice thick scarf.

I've also got sock yarn in the bin for making socks for my step-daughters-in-law (two pairs). And I've got some lovely moss green Manos for a felted basket AND some Mossy green/brown/tan that I also thought would make a nice basket or a hat.

The crazy colored handspun is coming along nicely. I have one small skein done which is weighing in at 1.1 ounce (16th of a pound) at fingerling... I'm thinking I have between 80 and 100 yards so far. In any case, the spinning continues and seems to be going well. I'm going to make a hat from this stuff.

Someone will love it. Perhaps I can get Paige to sell it in her "Pagan Yardsale Tent".

No comments: