Monday, July 10, 2006

No News.. I hope is good news

I'm a little worried because I haven't gotten a letter from John in over a week now. I'm concerned he is really struggling. The whole concept of asking how high to jump on your way up is very new to him.

We have a visitor with us this summer. I will not reveal his name becuase his mom is very protective of him, but he is a friend of my youngest son, Matt. His sister has had to undergo a number of surgeries in the last two years to repair her heart and a cleft palate. This young man has managed to keep the home fires burning (literally) while Mom and Dad had to be at the hospital with his sister. He got fairly good grades but Ken and I just really felt this young man was over stressed, so we talked to his parents and his step-dad brought him down in mid-June to stay with us until August.

He went to the beach with us. He has completely charmed by mother and has been a wonderfully positive influence on my youngest son.

If I could I would take this one on as a foster child. I wonder sometimes if I will ever be given the opportunity to help raise a step-daughter or a foster daughter. So far, all of Ken's grandchildren have been girls, so perhaps we will end up with one of them for an extended period of time.

It would be fun to have a kid who was interesting in something other than shooting things and eating.

No comments: