Sunday, April 02, 2006

If I could just get away from the computer

I might actually get some knitting done.

I have fallen into the OTHER addiction (actually, I already had it, knitting is actually the NEW one). I am totally hooked on email, internet groups, surfing the internet and "playing" on the computer.

I don't play games. I pretend like I'm doing serious stuff like writing my blog(s), learning a new computer language (never mind I will probably never use it) and teaching myself all the nitty-gritty details of Access and Excel. I do use both of those programs a lot at work and have become rather famous (infamous) as a prison counselor who is Pagan and who knows computer programs better than the IT. Sort of fun to get called by folks from other prisons for information.

Be that as it may, I just spend too much time looking at a screen and pecking away on a keyboard when I'm home and it takes me FOREVER to finish anything. I wonder if other knitters who have internet have found this to be a familiar problem?

Now, I must say I did get outside this weekend. Even got a bit sunburned. We moved wood (from the tree we had to take down because it died last fall) and weeded the gardens. Ken did most of it. I must give him credit here. But I am sore and my muscles are protesting.

I have come to the realization you are getting old when foreplay with your partner involves Bengay first.

No comments: