Monday, January 16, 2006

What is a Local Yarn Shop Anyway? I Think It's All Relative

Hipknitism.com | Free Online Classes | Basic Ribbed Socks | Lesson 1: The Basic Ribbed Sock Pattern

I found this lesson series for making basic socks. I bought yard today to make a pair for my husband in black. I also purchased double-pointed needles.

I visited Got Yarn near Richmond today. She was very amused that I considered my 2-hour drive from my house to her shop to include her as a "local" shop. I live so far out in the middle of nowhere, if I can get there and back in half a day, it's local.

Today was my recovery day. I feel so much better now. I spent too much money but I so desperately needed a day alone (no kids, no friends, no inmates, no coworkers, no husband -- no body!). I even left the radio off so I didn't have to listen to someone chattering. I visited Michaels, Got Yarn, Elwood & Thompson's (whole foods), Office Max and then came home. Extremely therapeutic for me.

Am I strange to so desperately need time alone?

No comments: