Saturday, July 28, 2012

It's Been A Long Time

I've been very naughty about staying on top of things here. Too many distractions I suppose.

I took a weaving class in the fall and have fallen head over heels in love with it. It's certainly stealing time from my knitting and spinning.

My job has also been a little challenging and about 3 weeks ago I got a promotion, so I think it was worth all the hard work. But now I have to learn how to do the new job well!

As a reward to myself for the new job, I went ahead and got myself a Smartphone. This is a Samsung Galaxy S III. The learning curve for this old lady is rather steep. I still remember using a rotary dial phone!

So, what does this new phone have to do with my fiber life? I think (not sure but hopeful), that I will become better at taking pictures and uploading them to both Ravelry and to this blog. I'm also on the lookout for some applications for fiber adventures. I got Ravolous and the Ravelry picture uploader already and I found a neat knitting app for counting rows.

For my birthday my husband got me a new computer. The old one was literally on it's last bit of functionality and a week after the new one was up and running, the old one refused to turn on at all.

For my birthday I bought myself a little workshop sized loom. It's a used Leclerc Minerva. They don't make it anymore, but I can still get all parts. I honestly think I could build a whole new loom from scratch if I needed to... but there are a few things I still need to get. First, I need to order a crank for the warp beam. Then I really need to get a different reed. This one came with a 12 dent reed, but I tend to use thicker yarns (at least right now) and I think I would be happier with an 8 and 10.

I've ordered a new shuttle already. I have two, but the Minerva has a fairly narrow shed and so I ordered a slim shuttle made just for narrow sheds.

Of course, I will need to order new yarn... lol

No comments: