Saturday, October 25, 2008

Finishing up projects

The Tavern Spinner's & Weaver's Guild is getting off to a good start.

We have been meeting regularly now for several months. And we just completed a series of beginner spinning lessons. Next month we are going to have a lesson on crocheting socks from Bonnie. I'm looking forward to that one because I can crochet much faster than I can knit and I really get bogged down knitting socks.

We are planning a small fund raiser in December at the Golden Christmas Event at the Hughlett Inn Rices Tavern. It will be held on December 6 from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Our table will be outside near the Blacksmith Shop.

We are waiting, none too patiently, for word on space at the soon to be "old" high school after the kids move to the new high school. I'm hoping we get the old home ec room but we might have to take a small classroom near the shop until we can get something that suits our needs better.

Anyway, money raised at the Christmas Sale will go to support the Guild. We are also going to try and put together a way to support our local Red Cross and the Tavern. Haven't got all the details on this yet...

But I've made several items I'm going to donate including fingerless mitts, a scarf, several little stuffed bunnies, and a couple of coffee cup cozies. I also have some skeins of hand spun yarn I'm going to put up for sale. If I have time, I will make a few needle felted Santas, some tiny socks for ornaments and put together a few kits for do-it-yourselfers.

No comments: