Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Summer School

Summer School started yesterday for Matthew.

I feel as if it also started for me.

He's redoing Freshman English. I'm wondering if I shouldn't also go back to school. One of his homework worksheets required him to take nouns like "movie" and "soup" and turn them into adjectives!

First, why would anyone do that? Second, what the %#&*@? I tossed out suggestions just trying to get him started so he understood the exercise but in the end we both struggled with it.

He also had to write a 250-word essay on why people can or cannot stop polluting. Writing down 250 words for him was like pulling teeth from a badger's mouth, but the topic was interesting and arguable in both directions. Being the pessimist, he took the low road and said folks just aren't prepared to stop polluting yet. Most of it is blamed on a consumer driven economy, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope the teacher meant reasonable conversions like "movie star" and "soup bowl".

Good luck!