Friday, May 25, 2007

Red socks are finished!

I started the first one in September of 2006. I put the last stitch in the second one at 11:03 p.m. last night. So, let's see, these only took me 9 months to complete.

Yep, I think I'm still the slowest knitter.

Here are the pictures.

I should call these the Sampler Socks because I did different things on each sock. Didn't really mean to, it just worked out that way because I'm still refusing (like a bad knitter child) to rip out and start over when I screw up.

Here are the socks on my feet inside the sandals I will be wearing them with today. (Yes, I did consider that it MIGHT appear I'm flashing gang colors, but at this point, I don't care. It's Friday.)

Here are the socks out of the sandals.

Here are the two different gusset treatments. The one on the left is actually upside down.

Here are the toes. The ones on the left are correct and from Stephanie's second to last book. But it was all the way upstairs when I started on the last sock's toes and so the toe finish on the right sock is wrong.

In any case, they worked out. They fit and they are comfortable.

On to the purple ones. I'm going to try toe-up this time and will do two socks simultaneously. It may still take nearly a year, but at least they will be finished at the same time.

1 comment:

Elysbeth said...

Fun red socks. They aren't errors, they are technique experiments.