Here are pictures.
There's not much yarn in each skein. One, the 3-ply natural Corriedale, is actually a very nice yarn but I only have about 10 yards. I took some really trashed junk Rambouillet and spun it up as much to get it out of the way as I two half bobbins full of it so I just plied it together.
But I have also spun up some very nice alpaca which is waiting to be plyed with some much nicer rambouillet.
As noted in an earlier post, I have started teasing the rambouillet and then running it through Fred. I realized it was still really sticky because it was still full of lanolin. So over the weekend I nearly boiled the stuff in soapy water. Then rinsed it twice in 160 degree water.
Amazing to me, it STILL has lanolin in it but it is no longer sticky. I did run it through Fred again because the washing and re-drying made it a bit compacted. It is now some really nice stuff. I have about a half a bobbin full. I'm going to shoot for about 3/4 full then ply with the alpaca.
That should give me enough yarn to knit up a hat for my sister in Colorado.
My sweater progresses a bit.
I turned the heel on the first red sock this weekend.
Progress.... it's coming slow but sure.