Wednesday, January 03, 2007


I have abandoned the original tea cozy I was knitting for my MIL from a cone of cotton. The fabric was pretty but I somehow crossed the "arm" and messed it up. When I tried to rip it out, I screwed it up even worse.

So I started over. This time I used some of my homespun. This stuff.

I started out using the two ply. That lasted about 2 1/2 inches. Then I switched to the Navajo ply. The two ply is very "heathery". The Navajo is coming out more striped. Still some heathering but striped. It's cool. I am using the singles to do the sewing. I have hemmed it in the picture. I will end up sewing on the pocket with the singles.

I'm thinking the sleeves need to be in Navajo but I have to make the singles MUCH finer so they aren't too bulky to push up and clear the handle and the spout.

Oh, I'm using the pattern from the Fall 2006 Spin-Off of the Tee-shirt tea cozy.

Mom-in-law's birthday is in February. My mom's birthday is in February. Both of them knit. I'm going to give my MIL the tea-cozy. My mom wants yarn I've made.

No comments: