Thursday, December 21, 2006

Happy YULE!!!

I am home again after a week of learning more about my new job and the challenges that may face me as I undertake this line of work.

John has made it home for his leave furlough for the holidays. I was able to meet him at the bus station with Ken and Matthew and they took him home while I went back to the Academy.

I was rather depressingly reminded of how fat and out of shape I am. It's a lot easier to practice self-defense techniques when you aren't lugging around an extra 100 pounds. I am determined to get my ass to the gym.

And I finally returned home this evening to this:


You know I really love my husband.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Beautiful wheel - Happy Yule...

Pixie said...

Gorgeous gift! I surfed here from the Spindlers list -- looks like we have a lot in common!

We just bottled up 5 cases of homemade wine and are getting ready to refill the carboys with mead. :)

Merriest of Yules to you and yours!

Blessed be, Pixie

Stasia said...

Beautiful wheel, Cate! Happy Yule. Love the mead cozy. ;-)

Unknown said...

Lovely wheel!

Yuletides wishes for a great year ahead :-)

Judy
PS Bottling Guiness taste-alike tomorrow!