Friday, September 29, 2006

My kids and the knitting

John called this evening. He sounds good but says he is still not in school and was punished today for falling asleep on duty. Not good. He said he had to do a lot of "exercising" as punishment. I suspect he also got a write up. He said they were told they would start school in late October but still says they will get a break at Christmas time and will be able to come home for about 2 weeks.

Matthew is off at a football game tonight. He doesn't play. I don't even think he watches the game but uses these Friday evening home games as an opportunity to socialize.

Ken's working.

And I'm home watching TV and knitting. I'm finishing up version II of Matt's hat. I'm on the last few rounds of decreases and may actually get it done tonight.

I'm working on sock II of the BBS for soldiers.

I'm also still working on the little red socks. I don't think I will be picking them up tonight, however. I hope to get back to them after I finish Matt's hat. It will be a good mindless project to drag off to places.

I'm also doing a little spinning tonight so I have enough yarn to finish the crazy scarf.

I might, just might, get around to casting on for the lace project tonight.

The cold is much better but I'm still not well and must sleep propped up on a billion pillows and doze with a codeine nightcap. Took my last anti-biotic pill this morning. Hope to be all better by Monday.

Tomorrow is our 6th wedding anniversary. I suggested that we hit the Virginia State Fair tomorrow but Ken has informed me that he intends to sleep until afternoon and we will go out somewhere tomorrow evening.

Got the new KnitPicks catalog yesterday. There is some yummy stuff in there called Gloss for socks. NOT that I need any more sock yarn but this stuff just looks yummy. And I would hate to not buy some soon and find they discontinued the line later. It's not like yarn or fiber goes bad.

Speaking of which, I'm trying to figure out how I can get my hands on some nice warm yellow fiber, some red fiber and some green. I have teal, white and brown, black and brown, natural merino, solid brown, some pretty maroony stuff... but I just feel like I need a couple of more pounds that I can use in conjunction with something I already have to make a complete project. I probably have enough of brown and white to make a nice scarf. It's really soft and silky fiber. I want to use the maroon to make a pair of mittens or a hat.

In any case, I'm going to the Fall Fiber Festival of Virginia at Montpelier on October 7th. Holy Cow that next Saturday! Cool! I'm planning on test driving some spindles there if they have some and I want to pick up some more fiber. Ken, no doubt, will have a hissy fit. I will try to remember to take my camera with me.

No comments: