Thursday, July 06, 2006

Pooling and other oddities

The gal who has her blog at this site Taueret actually is feeling blue because as she read more about knitting written by some seriously anal-retentative people she began to feel that her knitting quality was below standard.

I beg to disagree.

I LIKE pooling! I love to watch the colors play against each other. I like it very much when a garment fits! If I like the color combinations together, it doesn't matter if they come out as strips, pools or polka-dots.

I also don't understand who came up with the idea that something MUST be striped simply because the yarn label says it will. The yarn manufacturer might be having an off day or you may have unusually large calves or a particularly small head. So long as I'm not knitting something that comes out looking like mud (unless that's the look I want) and the item I'm making fits. Who really cares?
Taueret

No comments: