Monday, January 02, 2006

Lacy Fuzzy Scarf

I made my son's girlfriend a really quick knit scarf. I used size 15 needles. I used Lion Brand Micro Spun in Silver Grey. One half of a skein went into it. I held one strand of it together with Fun Fur in black/white/grey for about six rows. Then I dropped the Fun Fur for about 6 rows. The thing was in garter stitch.

It was about 5 feet long. I finished it in about three hours.

I wish I had taken a picture of it... but I suspect she will come back for a visit and I will get a shot of it then.

I'm using the leftovers to make a Circular scarf thing that is sort of a hood and a scarf all in one. Basically a large tube that will go over my head and pull up like a hood with the fun fur edge to the front. This is a pure experiment as I've not knitted in the round before.

No comments: