Thursday, January 12, 2006

Frogged the black sweater

Well, last evening I frogged the entire sweater back I had started for Matthew (my youngest). The more I read, the more I have come to realize that I will probably HATE finishing sweaters knitted in pieces. Therefore, I am going to start this thing over and knit it in the round.

I would like to do a top down sweater but I'm not sure how to do that yet. I'm hoping by the time I get up to the armholes, my mother will be able to help me put in the sleeves. I'm thinking I will work my way from the bottom (with some ribbing there to make it fit right) and then stop when I get to the bottom of the sleeves and go see her.

Using my circular needles, I will be able to return her straights (which will make her happy as I'm not very good at returning her stuff).

The other reason for frogging it is the small matter of the multiple holes that appears from dropped stitches, the rows there I should have purled when I used knitted and the overall mess I made of it early on. This will give me a fresh start and hopefully success.

No comments: