Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Job interview update

I've now had two job interviews. One was over the phone and while I felt pretty good about it, I still have not heard back from them regarding a second interview. I hope I hear from them soon, because I really want this particular job.

As for the other job, I had the first interview today. Unlike the first, it was in person with a two person panel. I feel very good about this interview. I was very comfortable talking with them. They even talked a little bit about money and ways to make the job better. Unfortunately, due to the actual circumstances of the job, I'm not sure I really want it. Don't get me wrong; I'm not afraid of hard work but there is hard work and then there is impossible case load. I suffer enough from stress. I'm not sure how long I can handle an unending stream of chaos. On the other hand, I may be letting comments from the last person who held the job color my perceptions. Fact is, she used to work with me and I know for a fact she is LAZY. They were very frank that the job is hard. But I also know that the majority of the people who work there love their jobs and normally there isn't an opening until someone dies.

I hope to know by the end of the week if I have second interviews for either job. My only real worry is that I might have to choose between them.

No comments: